Belgrade, Montana is a charming city located in the heart of the Treasure State. With a population of just over 10,000 people, this small town has a lot to offer its residents and visitors alike. There are plenty of homes for sale in Belgrade MT, and with its mild climate and beautiful scenery, it’s no wonder why so many people are choosing to call this city home. If you’re looking for a place that offers big-city amenities with a small-town feel, then Belgrade is definitely worth considering!
The city of Belgrade was founded in 1891 and is named after the Serbian city of the same name. The first settlers to the area were primarily of Serbian, Croatian, and German descent, and many of their descendants still live in Belgrade today. Agriculture has always been a key part of the city’s economy, and Belgrade is home to many large dairy farms as well as a number of smaller family farms. In recent years, Belgrade has seen a surge in popularity as a tourist destination, thanks to its proximity to Yellowstone National Park and other outdoor recreation areas.
The climate in Belgrade is semi-arid with hot summers and cold winters. The average high temperature in July is about 87 degrees Fahrenheit and the average low temperature in January is about 16 degrees Fahrenheit. Belgrade receives an average of about 17 inches of precipitation per year, most of which falls in the form of snow.
The average home price in Belgrade is around $450,000 but prices range depending on the size and location of the home.
Belgrade is home to two public elementary schools, a public middle school, and a public high school. The city also has one private Catholic school. There are no colleges or universities located in Belgrade, but Montana State University – Bozeman is only about 20 minutes away.
Also there are many businesses and employers located in Belgrade, which makes it a great place to live and work. One of the largest employers in the city is Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital, which provides many good jobs. There are also many other businesses located in Belgrade, such as restaurants, stores, and more.
Neighborhoods in Belgrade are generally newer and growing quickly. For example:
The Elkhorn subdivision is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Belgrade. It offers great views of the mountains, as well as quick and easy access to schools, shopping, and recreation.
Another newer neighborhood is called Saddle Peak Estates. This area features luxury homes on large lots with plenty of space for horses or other animals.
If you’re looking for a more established neighborhood, consider Bozeman Heights. This area is close to downtown and offers a variety of homes and prices.
Nature lovers can enjoy hiking and fishing in the nearby mountains, while history buffs can explore the many museums and historic sites in the area:
– The Museum of the Rockies. This museum is home to one of the largest collections of dinosaur bones in the world.
– The Gallatin History Museum. This museum chronicles the history of the Gallatin Valley, from early Native American tribes to the homesteaders who settled the land.
– Montana Heritage Commission Site. This site includes a number of historic buildings, including a one-room schoolhouse and a blacksmith shop.
– Bannack State Park. This state park is the site of Montana’s first gold rush town, and is now a National Historic Landmark.
– Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park. This state park is home to a number of caves, including the Lewis and Clark Cavern, which is the largest cave in Montana.
– The Bozeman Symphony offers a variety of concerts throughout the year.
– The American Computer Museum is a must-see for anyone interested in the history of computing.
– The Children’s Museum of Gallatin Valley is a great place to take kids, with a variety of interactive exhibits.
– The Belgrade Community Library offers a wide selection of books, as well as free Wi-Fi and computer access.
There are also a number of parks and playgrounds in Belgrade, perfect for a picnic or a game of fetch with your furry friend.
Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or just want a place to relax, Belgrade is the perfect place for you. Come see why Montana is called “Big Sky Country”! Homes for Sale in Belgrade are really an excellent investment!