Looking for homes for sale in Rocky Mount, NC? You’ve come to the right place! Rocky Mount is a great city with a population of over 54,300 people. There are plenty of homes for sale here, and you’re sure to find the perfect one for you and your family. So what are you waiting for? Start browsing through our listings today!
Rocky Mount was founded in 1816 and is located in the heart of North Carolina. In 1867, the city was chartered as a municipality. In 19th century, Rocky Mount became a center of tobacco production.
Climate-wise, Rocky Mount has a subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and cool winters. The average temperatures are in the mid-80s Fahrenheit in summer and low 30s Fahrenheit in winter.
Economic opportunity abounds in Rocky Mount. The city’s major employer is Nash Health Care Systems. Other notable employers include Nash UNC Health Care, Rocky Mount Mills, and Novant Health. Business-wise, Rocky Mount is a great place to start or grow a business. The city’s Economic Development Department offers a variety of resources and services to businesses.
The real estate market in Rocky Mount is booming! The median home value in Rocky Mount is $150,000, and the median rent is $850. There are plenty of great homes for sale here, so start your search today!
There are plenty of things to do in Rocky Mount as well. Check out the Rocky Mount Mills Brewery, the Imperial Centre for the Arts & Sciences, or go hiking at the Tar River Trail. Other attractions include:
- The Rocky Mount Children’s Museum. Where you can explore, imagine, and create!
- The Rocky Mount Sports Complex. A state-of-the-art facility that offers a wide variety of sports and recreation activities.
- The Nash County Historical Museum. Where you can learn about the history of Rocky Mount and Nash County.
Education is important in Rocky Mount, and there are plenty of great schools to choose from. Some of the best include:
- Rocky Mount Preparatory School. A college preparatory school that offers a challenging curriculum for grades K-12.
- Nash Community College. A two-year community college that offers academic and technical programs.
- Edgecombe Community College. A two-year community college that offers a variety of programs, including nursing and cosmetology.
There are plenty of great neighborhoods to choose from on Rocky Mount. Some of the best include:
Downtown Rocky Mount. A historic downtown area with a variety of shops, restaurants, and businesses.
Golden East Crossing. A shopping center that features a variety of stores, including Target, Best Buy, and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
Tar River. A scenic riverfront area with a walking trail, picnic areas, and fishing spots.
Englewood and Winston Park. Neighborhoods with a variety of homes, parks, and schools.
Altamahaw and Buckhorn. Rural areas with a variety of farms and businesses.
Rocky Mount is a great city with plenty of homes for sale. There are plenty of things to do here, and the real estate market is booming. Start your search for a new home today! You’re sure to find the perfect one for you and your family.