Syracuse is a great place to call home. With a population of over 145,000 people, it is the fifth most populous city in the state of New York. Syracuse is also the economic and educational hub of Central New York, a region with over one million residents. If you are looking for homes for sale in Syracuse, NY, you will find a variety of options to choose from. There are homes for sale in all price ranges, so you are sure to find something that fits your budget.
Syracuse was founded in 1824 by John C. Syracuse and was named after the Greek city of Syracuse. The city has a rich history and is home to many historical landmarks. Some of these landmarks include the Erie Canal Museum, the Onondaga County Courthouse, and the Everson Museum of Art. Syracuse is also home to several colleges and universities, including Syracuse University, SUNY Cortland, and Le Moyne College.
The weather in Syracuse is typical of the Northeast. The summers are warm and humid, while the winters are cold and snowy. The city receives an average of 107 inches of snow each year. However, despite the cold winters, Syracuse is a great place to live. It has a low cost of living, a high quality of life, and is a great place to raise a family.
Price per square foot for homes in Syracuse, NY are currently at $102. This is a decrease from last year when the price per square foot was $104. The average price for a home in Syracuse is $130,000, which is also a decrease from last year’s average of $135,000.
The homes in Syracuse are known for their quality craftsmanship and comfortable layouts. The city is also home to a number of cultural attractions, such as:
- The Everson Museum of Art. Here you can find a wide variety of art, both contemporary and classic.
- The Syracuse Symphony Orchestra. This world-renowned orchestra performs at the Carrier Dome and offers a variety of concerts throughout the year.
- The Onondaga Historical Association. This organization is dedicated to preserving the history of Syracuse and Onondaga County.
- The Onondaga Lake Park. This park is a great place to take a walk, go for a run, or just relax and enjoy the scenic views.
- The Syracuse University. This university is one of the top colleges in the country and offers a variety of degree programs.
- The New York State Fair. This annual event is held at the Syracuse Fairgrounds and features a variety of amusement rides, food vendors, and live entertainment.
- The IMAX Theater. This theater is located at the Everson Museum of Art and offers a unique movie-going experience.
Nearest to the center of Syracuse is Armory Square, a hip and happening neighborhood with a variety of bars and restaurants. The homes here are mostly converted warehouses and lofts, giving the area a unique feel. Just south of downtown is University Hill, home to Syracuse University. This college town has a lively atmosphere, with plenty of coffee shops, bookstores, and cultural events. If you’re looking for a more suburban feel, the homes in Eastwood are perfect for families. With tree-lined streets and a close-knit community, it’s no wonder this is one of Syracuse’s most popular neighborhoods. Whatever type of home you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in Syracuse, New York!