Homes for Sale in Havre, Montana
Havre, Montana is a great place to live if you’re looking for small-town charm and big-city amenities. The population of Havre is just under 10,000 people, so you’ll be able to get to know your neighbors easily. The city is home to Montana State University-Northern, which means there’s always something going on downtown. And thanks to the railroad, Havre is a transportation hub for the entire state. If you’re looking for homes for sale in Havre, Montana, you’ll be sure to find the perfect fit here!
Havre was founded in 1893 and was originally named after the town of Havre de Grace, Maryland. The city was an important stop for the Great Northern Railway and quickly grew into a thriving community. Today, Havre is known for its beautiful scenery, friendly people, and great amenities.
The city is situated along the Milk River and is surrounded by rolling hills and mountains. The climate in Havre is perfect for those who love all four seasons. You can enjoy snowboarding and skiing in the winter, hiking and fishing in the spring and summer, and hunting in the fall. There’s truly something for everyone here!
Havre is home to several schools, including the University of Montana – Havre, Montana State University – Northern, and Havre Public Schools. There are also several private schools in the area. Havre is a great place for students of all ages to get an education.
The University of Montana – Havre is a four-year public university that offers a variety of degree programs. The school is located in the heart of Havre and provides students with a great education.
Montana State University – Northern is a two-year public university located in Havre. The school offers associate’s degrees and technical programs.
Havre Public Schools is a K-12 school district that serves the students of Havre. The district has several schools, including elementary, middle, and high schools.
There are also several private schools in Havre. These schools provide students with an excellent education and are located in different parts of the city. Some of the private schools in Havre include: Central Montana Christian School, Holy Family Catholic School, and St. Labre Indian School.
The city is located on the north side of the Bear Paw Mountains, near their intersection with the Rocky Mountains. Havre is the principal city of the Havre, Montana Micropolitan Statistical Area and is the county seat of Hill County. And a lot of neighborhoods:
– Downtown Havre Historic District. This is the original commercial and governmental heart of Havre, containing a number of well-preserved historic buildings.
– Havre Northern Pacific Railroad Historic District. This is a large area that contains a concentration of historic properties associated with the railroad.
– Havre Residential Historic District. This is a diverse district consisting of several different types of residential architecture.
– Havre West Side Commercial Historic District. This area contains a variety of commercial buildings, most of which date from the early 20th century.
– Montana State University-Northern Historic District. This district consists of a number of buildings associated with the state university.