Homes For Sale In Mount Vernon, New York
If you’re in the market for a new home, Mount Vernon, NY is a great place to start your search! With a population of over 68,000 people, there is no shortage of things to do in this vibrant city. One of the best things about Mount Vernon is its close proximity to New York City. Just a short train ride away, you can easily enjoy all the Big Apple has to offer while still having a quiet and comfortable place to call home. Mount Vernon homes for sale are some of the most affordable in the area, so don’t hesitate to start your search today!
The weather in Mount Vernon is perfect for those who love all four seasons. The summers are warm and humid, with temperatures averaging in the mid-80s. The winters are cold and snowy, with temperatures typically falling below freezing. However, the spring and fall months offer milder weather that is perfect for spending time outdoors.
Mount Vernon was settled by English colonists. By 1746, it had come under the control of the British Empire and was renamed after Admiral Edward Vernon. The town grew rapidly during the 18th century, and by 1892 it had reached its current size.
Attractions in Mount Vernon NY include the following:
- The Richard R. Beecham Regional Park. Where you can enjoy the great outdoors with your family. There is also a playground, basketball courts, and a picnic area.
- The Mount Vernon Public Library. Which has a collection of over 500,000 items, including books, magazines, DVDs, and more.
- The Monroe Museum of African American History & Culture. Which is dedicated to preserving the history and culture of African Americans in Mount Vernon and the surrounding area.
- The Silver Lake Nature Preserve. Which is a great place to go for a hike or a nature walk.
- The Mount Vernon Music Festival. Which is an annual event that features a variety of musical genres, including jazz, blues, soul, R&B, and more.
There are also many great restaurants in Mount Vernon, NY, such as the following:
- The Blue Mountain Bistro. Which is a great place to get a delicious meal.
- The Red Robin Gourmet Burgers. Which is a great place to get a burger and fries.
- The Olive Garden. Which is a great place to get a Italian meal.
- The Chinese Food Factory. Which is a great place to get a Chinese meal.
There are many different neighborhoods in Mount Vernon, so there is sure to be one that is perfect for you:
- The historic downtown
The historic downtown area is full of charm and character. It is home to many shops and restaurants, as well as the city’s historic library.
- The West End
The West End is a great place for families, with its large parks and excellent schools.
- East Mount Vernon
East Mount Vernon is a bustling commercial center, with many businesses and office buildings.
- South Mount Vernon
South Mount Vernon is a quiet and peaceful residential area.
- North Mount Vernon
North Mount Vernon is a great place to live if you want to be close to the city’s many cultural attractions.
No matter what your budget or lifestyle, there is a perfect home for you in Mount Vernon, New York. Come and see all that this vibrant city has to offer! You’ll be glad you did!